Bethesda Youth Group (BYG)
The Middle & High School youth meet in the Fellowship Hall from 5:00 to 7:00 PM each Sunday evening. We begin with recreation and then move on to dinner and our weekly scheduled events/studies. When the evening involves study, the groups split in order to provide age appropriate study for all. When engaged in activities, the groups meet as a whole. Both options provide youth to be in fellowship with one another as well as grow in ways that are appropriate for them.
A Vision For Young People P.C. (USA)
In the midst of a beautiful and broken world, we have a vision for ministry with young people that unites youth in Christ with all other generations and proclaims the love of God without end.
This vision gives us hope for a Church that:
- Is authentic, made up of communities of faith that live what they proclaim.
- Participates in, and pays witness to, the lively, joyful reality of the grace of God for the whole world.
- Helps young people to understand what it means to be saved by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, so that they will, as God does, view all people with love and possibility.
- Expresses God’s boundless love by embracing young people as they are, where they are, and where they could be, inspiring them to share their ideas, dreams and unique gifts with the world and the church.
- Acknowledges and celebrates youth as the keepers of God’s world, capable of serving as agents of healing, friends to the friendless, and leaders along the path of Jesus.
- Encourages young people to live and lead with humility, but also with confidence and joy.
- Accepts that it may be changed, even re-made, through the power of the Spirit and by the youth’s energy, freshness and vitality.
5:00 - 7:00 PM
Note about meeting time - While we will stick to the meeting time as closely as possible, there will be occasions that BYG will meet at a different time and place. Please watch the newsletter, bulletin and emails for the monthly BYG schedule.
Meals & Devotions
In order for us to provide dinner for the groups, we need assistance from parents. We assign parents two dates to help with dinner and two different dates to help with devotion time and recreation – once in the fall and once in the spring.
Our middle school and high school youth participate in several mission opportunities throughout the year such as assisting our members and neighbors with yard work, assisting with Bethesda's Food Pantry, the Souper Bowl of Caring, Operation Christmas Child, Habitat for Humanity, and more. In addition, this group raises funds in order to travel and assist with an international mission project every three years.
In addition to activities such as Christian rock concerts, ballgames, and amusements parks, our youth have an opportunity to participate in several fantastic retreats! Our High School youth attend the Montreat Youth Conference, and our Middle School youth attend the Massanetta Middle School Conference.
For more information about our youth program, contact Samantha Taylor.